Many event business owners have a great business model, but don’t know how to market their brand to the public. People are always looking to plan events online, capture their attention with one glance—start being successful with 5 ways to make your event business stand out.
Be Obvious with Your Website
If you want to capture planners at first glance, be obvious about what you offer when they visit your website. If people have difficulty finding what they are looking for, they will give up and move on to a competitor who is more accessible with their services. Display your business name with a tagline that clearly emphasizes the strength of your business and a photo that visualizes that strength.
- Example tagline for venues: “The Most Elegant Wedding Venue in the North East”
- Example tagline for caterers: “Tasty Cuisine for Your Event”
Use High Resolution Photos
Have you ever visited a website with low quality images? Not very impressive. Avoid disappointing potential clients by displaying high quality images that impress. Don’t know where to find high quality images? Consider the following recommendations:
- Hire a photographer to take professional shots of your business or ask a photographer to share their photos from a recent event they had with you—don’t forget to credit them if you use their photos!
- Use Stock Photography—sites like Pexels, Unsplash, Adobe Stock, and Shutterstock, offer high resolution images that can be used to tell your story.
Follow a Brand Guideline
Successful businesses follow brand guidelines. For example, Eventective uses 3 color palettes, two fonts, and two logos to keep the company branded. Consistency across your website, marketing materials, advertisements, and social media are key.
Here are some tips on branding:
- Choose color palettes, fonts, and logo designs that resonate with you and your business model.
- Save your branded designs in one spot so you and your team can refer to them when creating new materials.
Give the Customer What They Want
Don’t be shy by withholding information from your customers—lay it all out there. Customers like to see details about your business, pricing, and services included. Give them a reason to be excited about your business and stand boldly by who you are.
- Create packages and display them on your website with pricing. Example: Deluxe Wedding Package: $3,900—includes tables and chairs, set-up and tear-down, hors d’oeuvres, coffee and tea station, DJ, and flower arrangements.
- Allow customers to create custom packages—however, give them a price range ahead of time as to what the package could cost. Example: Custom Packages range from $1,900 – $3,500 depending on the items selected. Please contact us for details.
Potential customers often check to see if you’re active on social media as a way of qualifying your business. Don’t be silent—show customers you’re actively posting. The more you post, the more familiar your brand will be with your target customers.
Ideas for social media:
- Post weekly tips on Facebook about event planning or share your blog posts with your followers.
- Post photos daily on Instagram from recent events you’ve held or serviced.
These are just 5 simple ways to build your brand and be more attractive to your customers. Do you have your own brand-building methods? Share them in the comments.